Simple Installation of 3-Tab-Covers
The only tools required to install 3-Tab-Covers are a hammer or air stapler, a tin snips and maybe a block of wood (1x2x10).
1. Insure that there are no present leaks in the roof. Seal with 50yr silicone caulk if necessary.
2. Valleys: Cut valley material a minimum of 3/4" wider than the present valley. Make a lengthwise bow in it and force it under the shingles that border the sides of the old valley. Caulk sides with 50yr silicone caulk.
3. Start at the bottom of the roof and slip on 3-Tab-Covers nailing or stapling each one as they are installed. Covers must completely cover the old shingle If old shingles are spaced improperly, this must be corrected before continuing.
4. If tabs are partially or completely missing, patch in as necessary before installing 3-Tab-Covers.
5. At the edges of the roof, cut covers 3/16" longer and tap the edge over with a hammer to match the factory type edge.
6. The hip and ridge are covered with Reinke Shake type shingle. This shingle is turned so ribs run in the direction of the hib or ridge and nailed in place through the prepunched nail holes. (1 square required for every 100 ft).
Refer to further safety information here.